I can’t believe it’s already the last week of September! What I really can’t believe is that this is the first week in Ohio when the weather actually feels like fall. Naturally, I was really itching to get into the kitchen and bake something that has all the fall flavors. Some sort of bread is what I was gearing towards so I thought let’s make some yummy pumpkin bread! I love this recipe because it’s not too rich, but has a natural sweetness to it from the maple syrup and spices!
Harvest Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cashew nut milk pulp (or 1 cup of white whole wheat flour)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- pumpkin seeds (for topping)
- granola (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a loaf pan with non stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, flaxseeds, and salt.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds. Then add to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and stir well.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and top with pumpkin seeds, granola, and nuts.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then lower the oven temperature to 350 F and bake for 35-45 minutes. Let the bread cool for 1 hour before slicing.