This recipe comes from one of my all time favorite cookbooks: Run Fast, Cook Fast, Eat Slow. This book has so many delicious recipes that will keep you going for whatever life throws at you. I especially love this sauce and it has so much flavor!
- 1 bag of kale
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3-4 medium sized sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 block tempeh
- Roasted cashews to garnish
Coconut curry sauce:
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- ½ Tbsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic
- Sauté the onion for 3-5 minutes, add the spices, garlic, and then coconut milk.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes until it thickens and then blend in a blender until smooth!
- While the sauce is cooking prepare the tempeh marinade ( 1/3 cup liquid aminos or soy sauce + 1/2 cup water + 1 tsp vinegar + 1 tsp garlic). Cut the tempeh into cubes and toss until combined.
- Cook the tempeh in a skillet and add the remaining marinade and cook until all liquid is absorbed.