Holiday Bowl with Pomegranate and Maple Dijon Dressing:
You don’t have to wait for the Holiday season to make this veggie bowl. This recipe gives you both salty and sweet flavors. Not to mention the goat cheese and crispy chickpeas gives this recipe a tasty touch!
- 1 bag of kale and brussels slaw from Trader Joe’s
- 1 container of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 container of pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 butternut squash, cubed and roasted
- 1 can of chickpeas (cooked in the oven to make them crispy!)
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard + 2 tbsp maple syrup + 1 Tbsp liquid aminos + 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar + salt + pepper + 1-2 Tbsp of water to thin
- Preheat over to 375 F. Place the butternut squash and patted dry chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until crispy and the butternut squash is fork tender. The squash will likely cook faster than the chickpeas.
- Cook the quinoa per package instructions and allow to cool.
- While the squash and chickpeas are in the oven assemble the dressing.
- Mix all ingredients together and whisk/shake until combined.
- In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients, cheese, cooked veggies, and quinoa. Pour dressing over top and toss to combine.
- Top with crispy chickpeas and dive in!