The first week of September means time to make some fall inspired recipes. I’m definitely team snack and I have been wanting to make a new homemade trail mix recipe. Hello pumpkin trail mix! This recipe uses fresh pumpkin, fall spices, mixed nuts, raisins, coconut, and plantain chips. The perfect sweet and salty combination in every bite!
Fall Trail Mix
Servings: Makes 3-4 cups (1/4 cup recommending serving size)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- ¼ cup cashews
- 14 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp each of cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, all spice, paprika, chili powder
- ¾ cup dried raisins
- ½ cup crushed plantain chips
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Combine the coconut oil, sugar, pumpkin and spices in a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture over the nuts and toss to coat completely.
- Pour nut mixture in a single layer on a pan covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- Add in raisins, crushed plantain chips, and coconut.
- Store in an airtight container.