I’m always down for an ice cream pick me up, but especially right now that summer is in full swing! Instead of picking up ice cream at the store, I thought I would make my own for once! I added avocado and matcha, which gives this ice cream a bright green color, creamy texture and the right amount of sweetness! You’ll be surprised with how easy and delicious this ice cream is!
Avocado Matcha Ice Cream
Servings: 3-4, 1/2 cup portions
- 1 1/2 ripe avocados
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp matcha powder
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (from the can)
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Place all ingredients in a blender
- Blend until creamy and smooth
- Pour into a freezer safe dish and chill for at least 3 hours (overnight is preferred)
- When ready to eat set out for 20 minutes to thaw and then dig in!
- Top with sprinkles, unsweetened coconut, cacao nibs etc!