I really dig tacos! I think because you can add whatever toppings, sauces, or flavors your taste buds desire. Tacos and tofu–do they mix well? I think so! The tofu is extra crispy and I coated in a sweet and sour sauce this time. If you’re not feeling an actual taco this recipe can be adapted to make a bowl. Let’s get this taco party started.
Tofu Veggie Tacos
Serves: 4-5 servings
- 1 block of firm tofu, drained
- grilled pineapple
- purple and green cabbage, shredded
- shredded cheese
- cherry tomatoes, diced
- fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp liquid aminos (soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp honey (or agave)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- For the tofu, lay a plate with a heavy object such as a can and press to get most of the water out. If you can, I recommend doing this step for 2 hours.
- Once the tofu is dried, slice into 5 strips and then slice into cubes.
- Coat the tofu in cornstarch and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. I turn the baking sheet half way through.
- While the tofu is cooking prepare the sauce (mix the liquid aminos, honey, garlic and lime juice together).
- Remove the tofu from the oven and place in a skillet that has already been heated with some olive oil. Add in the sauce and continue to stir often. The sauce will begin to thicken. I usually do this step for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove tofu from the pan and start to assemble your tacos.
- Top your tacos with the ingredients listed above or your favorite taco additions!