This recipe is filled with Italian flavors, low in carbohydrates, and just delicious! I’ve used crumbled tofu for some protein, cauliflower rice, and mixed veggies. All covered with fresh mozzarella cheese that melts to perfection in the oven.
Tofu Stuffed Peppers
Servings: 3 servings
- 3 bell peppers (any color will work)
- 1/2 block of tofu, crumbled
- 1 cup of cauliflower rice
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1-2 cups spinach, cooked
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Mozzarella pearls
- Parmesan cheese
- To make the filling, add your vegetables, cauliflower rice and tofu to a pan with olive oil. Saute for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add spinach and mix until wilted.
- Prep the peppers: Wash and cut the peppers in half and place in a greased baking dish.
- Fill each 1/2 with a generous portion of the filling and then add the cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble.
- Top with fresh basil and some Italian seasoning.