Changing things up with this eggplant recipe! I’ve really only had eggplant when I eat eggplant Parmesan so I got creative with this dish. Roasted whole eggplant is so delicious and the crispy chickpeas are a great addition. Plus, who doesn’t like some homemade creamy dressing to bring all the ingredients together?
Roasted Eggplant and A Creamy Yogurt Dressing
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 eggplant, cut in half
- massaged kale
- pickled red onions (optional)
- crispy chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 avocado
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place eggplant on baking sheet cut lengthwise.
- Evenly spread the spice mixture (cumin, salt, pepper) on top and roast for 40-45 minutes.
- For the chickpeas–add salt, pepper, and cumin. Coat in olive oil and place on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 25 minutes or until crispy.
- Dill yogurt sauce: Combine plain Greek yogurt, dried dill, and lemon juice together and mix until combined.
- Add the massaged kale with avocado and place warm eggplant on top.
- Drizzle with yogurt sauce and sprinkle crispy chickpeas on top.
- Add pickled onions if you have them!