I love vegetables, I love greens, and I especially love homemade croutons. This salad is refreshing, light, yet filling. I chose these vegetables based on what is in season at spring time, but really any vegetables would work! Homemade dressing puts the finishing touches on this colorful meal. I recommend dressing right before serving so this salad stays fresh!
Spring Panzanella Salad
- A bag of mixed greens
- Fennel, leeks, red, onion, asparagus
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- pinch of salt
- homemade croutons
- Chop all of the vegetables and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add edamame to the mix. Roast at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Croutons. I used a cornbread mix and made into croutons. You can also buy some hearty, crusty bread. Cut into cubes and leave out overnight to dry.
- Dressing: Mix tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, garlic, and salt together until smooth and well combined.
- Layer your bowl with mixed greens, roasted veggies, croutons and then dressing. Dive in!