For those days when we hit the snooze button too many times, are running out the door to get to work–these savory cookies save the day. Not only is this recipe low in carbohydrates, but it’s a great way to meet your daily vegetable requirement. Plus, these cookies freeze great so they’re at the ready when you need a quick grab and go meal. Oh and did I mention cheese…yes that is the icing on the cookie.
Savory Egg Cookies:
Servings: Makes about 12-14 cookies (depending on the size)
- 4 oz vegetarian sausage crumbles
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 of a green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tsp baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute the sausage, onion, and pepper until the veggies have softened.
- Scramble the eggs and then add the cheese.
- Add the cheese and eggs to the vegetable and sausage mixture that has cooled
- Add baking powder and mix all ingredients until combined
- Spoon mixture on baking sheet with parchment paper and form a cookie shape
- Sprinkle each cookie with more cheese
- Bake for 8-10 minutes