I’m all about making recipes a little healthier as long as it DOES NOT taste like cardboard! We all deserve sweets and treats throughout the week and if your body is craving something chocolate-y; well, I vote we satisfy that craving! These blondies are made with a secret ingredient that packs some protein and healthy fats to these bars. I hope you love them just as much as I do! I followed Chocolate Covered Katie’s recipe and made a few tweaks based on what I had on hand.
1 can of chickpeas, drained
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
Dark chocolate chips (no limit here)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blend all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a food processor until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Totally optional, but highly recommend adding more chips on top right before baking
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool completely before cutting.
This recipe makes 12 regular size bars!